Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photo Study - ET Phone Home


view this photo on Flickr

What do you guys think of this photo? I really enjoy its small color palette. For all we know, this photo could have been built from scratch using some tree layer masks similar how I made my android logo tutorial.

Of course, it could also have been made by editing a photo directly. Given the right conditions, it would not be very hard to make a layer mask out of the ground and trees using some Exposure tools. as soon as you had the ground masked off, building the sky and the silhouettes would be fairly easy to do, and would produce a great result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I teach people how to use gimp with gimp video tutorials, as well as gimp text tutorials. I also work with Photographers by offering photo-editing services.