Friday, November 4, 2011

Photo-Editing Contest

PSDTuts+ is hosting a contest in celebration of their new PhotoDune service.  They say that they will select 3 winners for this competition, and here are the prizes:

  • 1st Place will win $100 in PhotoDune Credits and a 1-year premium membership to Tuts+.
  • 2nd Place will win $75 in PhotoDune Credits.
  • 3rd Place will receive an Envato t-shirt.

PSD Tuts+ said this: "Your task is to use at least one of the three images below to create a photo manipulation. You are free to combine these images with assets available on the web or in your personal collection. We will judge your entries based on their creativity, execution, and by how many of the below images that you use."

The best part is this - nowhere in the blog post do they say you have to use Photoshop which to me means that I am free to use GIMP to create my entry. I've already got ideas flowing like crazy, and can't wait to enter. Are you entering?  If you need some help using Gimp, feel free to check out my Gimp Tutorials if you haven't already.

Click here to see the tutorial details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I teach people how to use gimp with gimp video tutorials, as well as gimp text tutorials. I also work with Photographers by offering photo-editing services.