Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Awesome Gimp Addon

In my 5 photo-editing tips, I teach some principles of photo-editing that I fear some people miss out on. One of the biggest tips on that list talks about the importance of understanding and utilizing layers, and layer masks when editing a photo. There is a very handy gimp addon that can greatly improve your edits by giving you a massive selection of brushes, and must-have brush presets that can help your edits get a lot more character.

Here is an edit done by me using the various brushes from Gimp Paint Studio.

High Res Version in Flickr

 

Of course, I'm talking about Gimp Paint Studio.  Check out their page, and be sure to look at these two videos about Gimp Paint Studio:

Introduction:

Installing GPS (for all operating systems)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I teach people how to use gimp with gimp video tutorials, as well as gimp text tutorials. I also work with Photographers by offering photo-editing services.